- Devin Wilmott has been the best change to live a happier and healthier lifestyle. Not only have I learned what workouts and meal plans are best for me, but she has taught me the reasoning behind them. Devin is extremely relatable because she's been through everything that her clients have. She struggles just like us some days but still motivates us to get past the craving or the laziness to get where we want to be. - Brianna Delashaw, Texas Client
- " Before I started with you I can't imagine how bad I ate. I am learning so much from you and its all so manageable to take with me through the rest of my life. I am hoping over time I can become even more disciplined with eating. Thanks for all your help DEV you are a genius with what you do and I am so glad you are able to do what you love for a job! " - Carlye Wingert, Iowa Client
- " I started the Train with Dev program on September 5th. That was the first time that I actually chose to commit to changing my lifestyle. I saw a picture on Instagram of one of Devin’s clients and I thought to myself that I could start making a change in my life tomorrow. I would always say I am going to go to the gym tomorrow or on Monday I will start eating better. No. That’s not how it goes. When you wait to do something you normally don’t end up doing it. I knew I was unhappy with the place I was at in my life, and I knew I was the only one who could change that. I had told Devin before I wanted to join the program, but never actually committed to it, until September 5th. Devin met up with me when I finally told her I was ready for a change. She never told me it would be easy, but she told me it would be worth it. I was so motivated to start that I did. That day Devin told me that she didn’t want me to be apart of her program for months and months, she wanted to train me so that I know what I am doing, and that I could do it by myself! Here I am four and half months later, and I am almost to that point. Devin constantly texts me, emails me, calls me, just to check up and to help me. She is not only my trainer, but also a person I now call a friend. Devin created amazing work -outs, and eating plans for me to follow. At first the eating was strict, but now I am on to eating things that I like, and learning new recipes everyday. You won't always have to be strict on how you eat, but you need to train your body to eating small meals, multiple times a day. Along with changing what you eat.Working out and healthy eating has changed me completely. I started off and didn’t see much progress. I thought about if this was really worth all the time I have put in. I just knew one day it would be. I kept telling myself that you couldn’t just lose a pound a day. I have learned that the scale isn’t what should define you, how your clothing fits, and how you feel should. I have had so many changes made to my life, and I could not be happier. Yes, the waiting to see results sucks, it really does, but when you take pictures every week, you start to see so many changes. And the compliments make everything so amazing as well. I am not where I want to be, but I have come so far and I know it. Another thing that I have noticed is that I have not gotten sick one time since I started working out. I feel and am so healthy now! You just have to have the mindset that one day this will be the most amazing feeling. I see how much progress I have made, but there are days that I feel like I haven’t changed at all. The truth is, you have changed so much, but since you are looking at yourself constantly for change, you won’t notice it. I have learned to be a confident person, and not let others opinions affect me. Devin has helped me start and has been there the whole time through my journey. I really would/could not have started this whole process without her. "- Amber Schuster, Iowa Client
- "My name is Kenya Bostic, I'm 22 years old and a senior at Iowa State University! I'm a retired athlete who had lost my ideal body, which is what motivated me to connect with Devin. I met Devin through my roommate who was talking about helping her with a small experiment. Devin wanted to see what it would be like to start a study on training two different girls, with two different goals. My goal was to lose weight and tone my body, while my roommate wanted to tone her body while staying relatively the same weight. Devin started off by explaining to us both that, yes, weight training is important... but what shows results is having a healthy diet also. We ended up keeping journals of how many calories we ate a day, plus cutting out unhealthy fats, unhealthy carbs and my LOVELY sugary foods. Then we would send our journals to her at the end of the week to see if she wanted to make any changes to our diets. My problem was I couldn't stop drinking my AMAZING sugar infested COFFEE! What made me love her as a trainer even more was she went with me and helped me settle my craving with an iced sugar free coffee! She saved my life!
Another thing that made her such an amazing trainer was how she motivated us with information and smiles! She made a workout schedule that followed both of our school schedules! Three times a week we went to the gym at 6:30 am and the other days she sent us a workout for the gym or if we couldn't make it to the gym, she would send a detailed home workout!
The main thing that I would say about Devin that makes her stand out is she is always there when you need her. She may not by my trainer anymore at the moment but if I have any questions that involves diets or workouts. She will get back to me as fast as she can! When I'm done having such a busy schedule, I will definantly hire her back on as my trainer! NEXT YEAR!! She's an amazing person who motivates with her story, motivates with her information and always motivates with her smile! I would recommend her to anyone." - Kenya Bostic, client at Iowa State University
- "I am so glad I got in touch with you to help me! Thank YOU for helping me everyday whether a meal plan, over the phone workout, and/or in person. Coming so far in short time proves that it's possible if I stick to your plans and trust you every step of the way! You are the best!" - Maddy Avery, Texas client
- "College is normally associated with a rites of passage. It's the beginning of the end of youth and the emergence of adulthood. I met this period of my life with a great degree of dissonance: I felt like a college student but I didn't look like one, namely my baby face and "handles" -- Devin helped me look like a college student. I found a friend in Devin and this is the worst friend you can have if you also have an unhealthy lifestyle. She motivated me to chisel my body fat to uncover the statue of fitness that lied within. Not only did she give me a meal plan and a workout routine to help me get in shape but she provided me with the zeal and attitude needed to achieve and maintain it. If you consider any physical tutelage under Devin Wilmott, prepare to hate her initially and love her unconditionally for the results ultimately." -PJ, client at Iowa State University
- "As a dancer, flexibility and endurance have always been my strengths. However, I've always struggled with feeling weak and generally lacking in energy. I reached out to Devin because I knew I needed to make some changes. After just a short period of following her diet and workout program, I can honestly say this is the strongest and most alert I have ever been. Devin truly gets to know her clients individually and forms programs based on their specific needs. It can be challenging, but it is absolutely worth it!" - Mumbi Kasumba, client at Iowa State University
- "Who would have known meeting a girl in choir could not only lead to a healthier life, but having a great friend. I met Devin my freshman year in college and was inspired by her story and success. College went on and I wanted to make a change. Starting my Junior year, I knew Devin was starting up her own personal training program, so I decided to train with her not only for the purpose of making my self-better, but to support a friend. Four months in I can’t believe the transformation. I would never imagine saying this, but I look forward to waking up in the morning because each day is one day closer to reaching my goals. Who would have known meeting a girl in choir could not only lead to a healthier life, but having a great friend. I met Devin my freshman year in college and was inspired by her story and success. College went on and I wanted to make a change. Starting my Junior year, I knew Devin was starting up her own personal training program, so I decided to train with her not only for the purpose of making my self-better, but to support a friend. Four months in I can’t believe the transformation. I would never imagine saying this, but I look forward to waking up in the morning because each day is one day closer to reaching my goals. "- Kendra Liska, Iowa Client
- "Devin was our first Self editor at the Iowa State Daily. Self is a new health and wellness section developed to teach our readers about maintaining healthy lifestyles physically, mentally and emotionally. Devin did a fantastic job getting the new Self section off the ground. Her team created content that truly informed and helped our readers with issues that affected their lives in very personal ways. In addition to serving our public with these stories that matter, Devin is a very organized leader with a go-getter attitude. She wants to get everything done, done well and in a timely manner. She is very reliable and did a great job leading her team of reporters." -Maddy Arnold, Managing Editor of Content for Iowa State Daily